Wednesday, 17 September 2008

17.09.2008 - Self Rewards?

Someone told me that I need to reward myself for what I have done thru out these years. When I ask myself "what I want from myself?" this sign comes and goes --> $_$

I thought of getting myself an LCD 32' in my room; change my handphone; change my car to Altis; buy another house(condo) or vacation. But end of day the sign appear again and again --> $_$.

See... I got 2 TVs in my house. 1 x 32' of Sony Bravia LCD in living hall & 1 x 29' LG super slim CTV at dining room. And only 2 of us in the house. Sound silly to have 3 TVs in a house right? Estimate gonna suck me Rm2000

Well I think of 2nd option... Handphone. Something that tag along with me wherever I go. Again I am using Sony K800i which has poor resale value, still usable, reliable and equipped with good features. Initially I have another Sony W850i but was stolen by my runaway maid. Again I think of it; if the phone is still functional why should I change it? If I insist RM2000 expecting to be sucked away

Then I go to 3rd option... getting my car changed. Since I cant really afford with Camry, I don't mind having Altis as my second choice. I've told myself that this is the best award I can have but again this is not going to be good since it will suck me approx Rm1200 per month for 9 years! I was so firm with this rewards and took all the trouble to test drive and dealing with several sales person to get it done. But again after a thorougly consideration, 9 years installment is not as easy as I thought off. I held a self discussion considering all the consequences that I need to go thru if something that might turn wrong one day during this 9 years will I have that much extra money to get it covered? I think there shouldn't be any problem except some medical fees that I need to bear monthly for months. Well this is really a burden. Thus I decided to wait and see until next year. Somehow my instinct tells me I need to stick to my Gen2 for few more years. I just can't imagine how much more do I need to spend on this local made car. I just spent Rm2100 repaing the absorber, tires, audio, power windows, etc that gone haywire lately. I just can't stand anymore spending on the repair! But still the cost of repair is less than the down payment that subjec to be paid if I want to get a new car.

So I run to option 4 which I think it is worth to buy for mom, investment and leisure. Getting a condominium. I am talking about Cassia 1 & 2 and later comes VistaBay. These condos are luxury condos equipped with outstanding facility and the most ... the seaview; towards the Penang Island. This really lure my saliva. So temptating! I mean the show house. Gosh nice lo. I got my calculator works day and night with a hope that this dream wil come true but before I manage to commit, again Mr. $_$ is disturbing. Well; I think it is still worth to buy a house than a car that depreciatable. Infact having this condo around the area where everyone of us love to stay at makes me more confidence to place my deposit in. My second thoughts is selling the current landed property and get this condo will probably lighten up my installment. Ya everyone I know laughing at me and started to mumbling on my stupidity to think of condo. According to them most of multistorey tenant wish to have a landed property but I am the other way round. They do list out the drawbacks to me which really makes sense alot but I do love to have 1. But not my pocket! Especially with medical situation for mom!

I really out of ideas to rewards myself. I guess nothing much I can reward myself except resting, sleeping and accompany mom whenever I am free. But this is not a reward right? Lost again.

No comments: