Monday, 1 December 2008

01.12.2008 - 1st Day @ Saigon/Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

It is my travelling day. Woke up early in the morning feeling fresh but moody. Why? Because I hate travelling! Took 2 slice of bread with a glass of Milo (hot chocolate) and moved out from my house at 10am. A friend of my drop me at the airport and took off to KL at around 12pm. There is where my hell day begins. Check-in, boarding, seating, flying, arrival, transiting, again boarding... bla bla bla. It is even worst with my silly stomach today causing me pain and diarrhea. Really a bad day to me.

Well, Saigon is not really a nice place to stay, but a nice place to hang out because alot of young pretty girls here. Damn! I took a quick shower, a nab to ease my stomach pain and then take a slow walk at the surrounding area near to hotel I am in. To my big surprise, there is nothing here, nothing to eat nothing to see nothing to shop! Totally like a cowboy town. The big turn surrounding my hotel (ParkRoyal Saigon which cost me USD120 per night) gives me nothing but sweat and dust. Do you think that Malaysia; Kuala Lumpur is a very very congested area? do you? If you say yes, I think you are wrong. I can't imagine what the hell is happening in Saigon, where you can see all cars and bikes are squeezing each other on the road like no body business. They honk each other all the time. Cars and bikes are only an inch away, bumper to bumper, crossing each other and even drive through red traffic lights. hundreds of cars and bikes is on the road. I was like... blek... blunt wondering what the hell is happening? or some event is on the move? like Malaysia's culture so call procession by multi races every month. But it is not! my GOD! I run back to my room, keep my self busy on the desk chatting and surfing rather than hanging out myself exposing to all the dust and unhealthy fumes. I am lucky because my client is around and took me with his BIKE.. yes his bike despite of you know 'dust and fume'. I can't blame him much because the traffic condition is not encouraging too. Well, we go around from my hotel to again the airport then back to my hotel and then ends up at 1 of the shopping mall in Saigon. I was like... wow shopping mall, but damn it.. do you know Bukit Mertajam Plaza? exactly the same. Lousy, old and ugly. Do I have choices? I was like.. searching for Vietnam food but most of the things in the mall is more to western food and Asian food. I ends up taking fried rice with chicken drum stick and an egg. Thousands of kms away from my town, I have fried rice again? I wish I can go back home now!

No comments: