Monday, 15 December 2008

04.12.2008 - 4th day @ Da Nang beach & Hanoi

Its a wonderful day. Thursday is my rest day. I try to sleep as late as I can since it is my rest day after 2 consecutive days auditing from a destination to another but was waken up by the silly Vietnamese for breakfast. So frustrated. I woke then and dressed up for breakfast at the cafeteria where I had my dinner buffet yesterday night. The air is so fresh and you can hear all the natural voices from the insects and of course from the sea. We spend an hour plus with the buffet breakfast and then headed to the beach for some photographing and walk. I took a very long walk from the resort about 1 km away and took alot of photographs. I lie down at the beach chair for an hour relaxing trying so hard diverting my thought to how wonderful life's is than how awful life is going to be for the rest of my life. Look at some picture I posted here. Amazing huh?
Well, it is not easy to forget things and enjoy the nice view; something that keep on triggering me to get my report done before tomorrow audit. So I rush back to my room and continue my work until 1130 am and got my luggage packed before checking out at 1200. It is so hard to leave this wonderful resort. I wish to spend another 2 days here relaxing and of course that would be more nice if there is someone special around too. Ya.... In my dream. So we left the resort around 1215 an drop by a small coffee shop where we took our nice lunch and get our email checked. I hate checking email after days not being connected. As I expected, plenty emails pop up on my screen which needs me to browse thoroughly 1 by 1. The coffee shop is pretty nice place to hand out. Pretty girls are all around, free Internet access and of course nice food is served. I ordered a local food which you hardly find in Malaysia. Very difficult to explain the ingredients just take a look at the picture I posted here. Believe me, it is the best koey teow dish I ever tried.

So, in order not to miss our flight, we took a leave early today since I notice that my ticket to Hanoi will be somehow similar to the one we gone through at Ho Chi Minh. He has to buy a new ticket for me since the current ticket is based on my nick name. The flight is pretty smooth, we got boarded sharp at 4pm and then reaches in Hanoi around 5pm.When we got out from the airport, the weather is about to turn dark; strange at 5pm turn dark? but the temperature... fabulous... about 15C; very nice weather. Well... we took our sweet time walking around and searching for a cab. I thought the distance of the hotel from the airport is about similar to the one I visited in Ho Chi Minh and Da Nang; but this one.... 1 hour drive! 1 hour on the flight and then 1 hour in the cab! by the time we reach the hotel... total darkness like about 9 pm in Malaysia. What I know is.. tired, tired and tired. I quickly check in as usual and then to the room hoping for a nice shower and rest. I can't imagine how nice the room going to be but I hope it looks good than any of my stupid company (SGS - CTS Malaysia) pre approved hotels. i.e. budget hotel, where you will have visitors (special visitor) knocking your door at night. Well this is how my company works. They force their staffs to live in cheap and lousy hotel while managers is enjoying their stay at 5 star hotel. Back to my Hanoi... I am sick and tire talking about my silly bosses. So when I got my hotel door opened, I was like.. ok... nice but not as nice as the resort I live in yesterday. I throw all my things and get myself into the wash room thought of washing and refreshing. To my surprise, there is a Jacuzzi in the wash room..... So do you think I still wan to refresh myself by throwing warm water on my face or jump into the Jacuzzi? of course i undress quickly and jump in! hahahaha.... I took 2 hours soaking in that tubs ...

So right after that we took a cab out from the hotel looking for food. I thought that would be nice to walk around in the cool weather but the dust really make us feel uncomfortable. We tried to look for local food but quite difficult in our area. So we walk quite a distance and end up at the Kentucky Fried Chicken. hahaha... thousand of Kms away from home to eat KFC? do i have any choice? We headed back to our hotel after dinner and I finish all my report until 1 am. Fall sleep around 130am while TV is on.. amazing huh? life really pampered these few days. I wish it last forever.

No comments: