I was asked to fly down to Johor for some 5 to 7 slides presentation. I was so frustrated and wondering what is this all about? I thought it was a tough one but going through it, I can see it is just a basic presentation which I cannot understand why can't they do it themselves rather than flying me off from Penang to Johor for this minor task. Seriously I think this is a waste of money! Everyone of us in Penang was having tough time cutting cost and reducing our expenses but the sales teams was spending like no body business. Speechless.
So as regular again I was having my tough time a day before. Knowing there is a tough task on that day, I forced myself to attend it along with my staff just to ensure everything is in running order but somehow my client was impressed with my work instead of my staff and forces me to stay for the whole session. Well, I don't really like this kind of stuffs as my purpose to be there is just to make sure everything is in order, so why should I trouble myself to do the work while my staff is doing nothing. As part of the process in that particular industries, frozen products, there are moments where I need to enter a cold room at the temperature -20C. It may cause instant freeze to some of our sensitive part of our body like fingers, ears, etc.. My staff went in for almost 5 minutes and came out with his face pale and shivering. I remain inside the cold store for another 10 to 15 minutes to tally all the goods and then selecting some for testing purpose. By the time I am out, I am almost numb on all my fingers and begin to feel hair are frozen and hard. Be honest, I love that temperature and wish my room is half of that room temperature. I hate hot weather because it makes me sick, tired, thirsty, dizzy, sleepy, sweating, etc.. I just worry that with the instant change of temperature in my body will probably causing me fall ill. Imagine I am in the cold room and then out from the factory under hot sun and then back to my office air-condition, taking my shower and then in my car hot again heading to airport to catch my flight at 4pm. Honestly I am very very tired and worry so much that I will fall sick by the time I reach Johor. Thank GOD everything went well and I am now back home feeling good but tired and sleepy.

No comments:
Post a Comment