Friday, 29 March 2013

29.03.2013 - Grave-yard Office

The saddest thing on earth is when someone you know pretend not knowing you in front of someone else. I am the lead of my division and recently someone asshole got promoted and I am forced to pass some of my clerk to assist him. Although my ranking is higher than him, he still has the power to shake my chair by back poking me in front of my bosses at KL. I was the pioneer in this company and when he join this company I lead and guide him through. I even mix him around with my friends hoping he can digest the work life and way how things works in our company. Now, he is completely successful, promoted and running his own project. He has wings and skills that he uses it to back stabbing me. I hired a new girl for him under the direction of my boss but he hinted my boss to warn me not to touch his team members including his clerks. I am an easy going person and mix pretty well with all colleagues in my company. Although I am a manager but I never draw a line that I am a manager and they are my staffs. We play equally and work happily. Until 1 day, he was dissatisfied and being jealous over my easy going with everyone, he finally show off his wing by informing my bosses that I do not act like a manager and putting myself on the ground playing with others and treat everyone equally. Worst of all, he says I influence his staffs and took over the control over his staff without consulting him. I wasn't aware of this until my boss call me personally and reminds me that I shouldn't cross over the line. I was so pissed off and started to act ridiculously with him and asked him to be a man to face me if he founds any problem that he is not satisfy with. Unfortunately he won the race by making my bosses likes him most. I was at the tremendous pressure and was mad over all this. This incidents has causes his clerks to avoid me and stop making jokes with me. Whenever their boss is not around (i mean that fellow) his clerks crack jokes with me and enjoy the working environment. When he is around, everyone seems quiet and pay more attention to work like a grave yard  environment. This has gone even far than i expected. When I met these girls (his clerks; the one I hired) outside office during lunch hours, they will smile and greet me like their brothers; but when he is around with them, I am totally an invisible person even though I throw them a smile and greet. them. I was ignored and treated not around when this asshole stand beside them. I was so mad and sad over what happened. Seriously speaking we work under the same roof, I just cannot understand why is that this bosses in KL chooses to separate the same division team to 2 teams in my office? If we work as a team, we should talk freely and work without boundaries. Why would bosses choose to listen 1 side and make moves that may hurt someone that served the company for 15 years? Is it just because he is so apple polishing and carrying balls he is the best? Seriously I cannot understand what is the main strategy my bosses planned. This has become a laughing topic in my office where same team is fighting over each other for no reason. I cannot understand this and I wish I can just find something else to do and leave the company happily. Now this office is totally like grave yard. The silence and tense working environment really makes me feel bored and irritating. I no longer talking to these clerks since they choose not to greet or talk to me even in the public or office when that asshole is around. If they choose to be such I rather let it last forever at all time. They were trying hard to talk to me last few weeks but I throw them my cold treatment. We are not totally not talking or even smiling at each other. I just don't like the environment now!

No comments: