Thursday, 19 June 2008

18.06.2008 - Shall I withdraw it or NOT?

Today is a very happy day .. why? visited the Mount Miriam Hospital... doc gave us good news that the scan result is fine and mom is now free like a bird. Well ya, I did spoke to him about this before but thru phone which is not really that 'real' you know... SO... both of us are so happy when doc mentioned it to us face to face.. just cant wait to celebrate. But how? dunno havent figure out yet.. hahahah...

See I thought this will be the end but of course a periodically check up is still necessary la... but somehow ... doctor.. is ... you cant believe it.. He demanded all his nurse that presence in his room where we were in to go off for a private talk with me. I was like... huh??? what is it la? Well... it is a great kick off by a nonformal talk... until he jump to his intention. Hmm.... He is asking for my favour to withdraw my complaint that I lodged last week. I was like stunt there wondering ... why do I have to do that but I kept quiet waiting for his explanation. He told me that ... the letter is a great impact to his nurse until the extend of being called for several times for an investigation and interview by the management. Ya I got my jaw hanging with a shock look. He further added that this nurse has been serving perfectly for almsot 3 years in his clinic until last week that she accidentally forgotten to call me up to postpone the appointment. Hmm.. I dont think this is acceptable still.. cos a mistake is still a mistake. Assume it is an emergency.. how? well he continues.. .. .. and says that the nurse is an orphanage, just got married, and husband is currently not well, she is having family problem, etc. which have caused her too busy and stressed. So this could be the reason that she overlooked on the appointment.... he further added that she is a very good nurse so far and he doesn't want to loose this good nurse just because of 1 small mistake that leads to a big complaint which might put her job a question mark???????

So what do you think? should I send a letter to their CEO to withdraw the letter? I am so indecisive on this... To me a mistake is still a mistake but somehow I did not expect to that extend.... pls help

2 comments:

Ivan Yau said...

Dear Ron ,

Hi.. It's GREAT to hear the good news abt ur mom ! At last , it's end .. Anyway , still do close monitoring abt her check-up & etc ..
For the complaint withdrawal , if I were u , I would withdraw it . Let us say , we r doing a GOOD DEED .. The GODS blessed ur mom for her health , rite ? Treat it as a return ...
And bro , human makes mistake la .. V r not superman , this small matter we just give n take lo ..
At least u've gave the nurse a very good lesson n i believe she wont 'play play' with u anymore .
No harm to forgive her and be more 'tai fong'

Correct or not ??????????????

If she made 2nd mistakes , then u can lodge another compaint n tis time there will be no return ...

If i was the nurse , i would hope u'll withdraw it !

So , wat r u waiting for ??? GOOD DEED , brother !!!

Rgds ,
Jennifer

Ivan Yau said...

Ron ,
Hi... It's GREAT to hear the news abt ur mom .. At last , all end WELL ... Send my rgds to her , ok !! Wonder she still remember me or not ?