Thursday, 20 August 2009

19.08.2009 - Shocking Announcement

I have terrible day with my wonderful VEGE. I cannot stand that kind of attitude and begin to rude to VEGE this morning. VEGE scolded me for being rude when I answered the call but I laugh out loud just to make myself feels better. I was called and instructed to prepare myself for a tele-conference for some complaints caused by someone else. I was blunt when being asked to prepare myself for the conference which was diverted to explain why this happened! I was shocked and of course I cannot push back the call to VEGE as it is not professional enough to do so, therefore I diverted everyone attention to some other issues. But somehow I was pulled back and asked to summarize and explain the caused of the problem. Before I start to throw out my frustration and begin to point fingers, they stops me and change to a new topic to avoid me telling the truth. Worst part is, an announcement was made that I will have to swallow a task that have being handled by someone else since long ago after they discovered there are lots of complaints around. No standard procedure, no briefing, no guidelines and nothing is made available before this. I was not being told before except to stand by and back up in any event we being strike during the conference call. And now I have to take 1 more burden that is belongs to someone else. I was so down that time and upon completion of the meeting, I quickly pick up my phone and start dialing my direct OM and asked if he was made aware about this before the announcement but unfortunately he did not aware of this until it was announced during the meeting. My day goes.....

The next day, I was like frustrated but quietly sit on my desk working as usual hoping days goes by but somehow VEGE called and begin to interrogate what I have complaint to my direct OM that causes a small arguement. I was calm when the talk begun but not after VEGE started to blame and shouting at me. I was forced to understand that I've been informed about this earlier and says I agreed take over the task; but so far I didn't even heard about it at all. As VEGE reluctantly to back off and begin to make it worst! I espress my sadness and again as usual they diverted to another topic! Sissy! Well, there is nothing much to do now except taking over the task and try my best. But I am so lost because there is no SOP or a system that can make it run smoothly. Worst part is VEGE is making the situation even worst when they want to be the main contact person for the process but knows nothing about it. That makes my life tougher. How to deal with it effectively if some silly shit is standing right in the middle blocking my way?

No comments: