
I hate day trip! I have to wake up early in the morning, forcing myself to take breakfast, going to toilet too much early, driving while sleepy and worst of all returning late night. I was asked to join the quarterly committee meeting in Singapore with the Chairman of the Asia Certification Association for the first time. I wasn't prepare or made to be known to what are the agenda and topic usually being discussed in this kind of meeting but was asked to join and present some topic for discussion. I was luc

ky as we have preliminary meeting to iron out some technical issue before we have the official meeting in the afternoon with several other competitors of ours. The meeting went smoothly but most of the time, I wasn't there when they talk. I mean it is either I am dreaming or sleeping with my eyes open. Well, this is me! If you put me in day trip I'll have my day dream in the meeting. My day was pretty bad luck as I was rushing in the morning trying to catch my flight to Singapore and also rushing to catch for my flight in Singapore to return to Penang. Worst of all, my body is acting strangely especially my stomach. If I don't have enough sleep, my eating appetite is out and I will have uncomfortable feels the whole day. What I hate most is stomachache and gastric.

The most frustrated is the Penang traffic. Due to the festive season, the traffic flow in Penang is increased double than usual. I am not really sure if this is regular or it is occasionally due to the festive season. What I know exactly is that I am about to missed my flight. The journey from my house was smooth and to my surprise, the traffic flow in Penang Bridge was clear. The extension of the bridge really works and has partly solved the traffic flow compared to old time. I was an hour ahead of the schedule and was calm driving through the bridge with feels of unsatisfied of the day because of lack of sleep and rest. Imagine with all the weird kind of feels of being uncomfortable and body aching, I have to bear with another frustration of being caught in the tr

affic jam at the Bayan Lepas express way and then at the Sunshine Bayan Baru road heading to the airport. I thought I was an hour ahead and there is nothing to worry about but with the jam that takes minutes, I started to get panic and worry if I would missed my flight for the day. I have to check in at 0750 but I was on the road still at 0830 to catch a flight at 0850. I was telling myself I am going to be very late and will surely miss my flight. Somehow, I give up being worry and told myself if I am late or missed my flight, there is nothing much I can do. To be stressed, sad and worried will not clear the traffics but making my day bad and sick. I was abit cool that time waiting in my car. I was lucky as the traffic was then smooth and I reached in the airport in time but late. The ground staff was polite this time accepting my late arrival. I ran to the boarding gate and was just in time before it

is closed for take off. Wow... I was tired and sleepy. I slept the whole journey to Singapore and by the time I reach Singapore, I feel so fresh and charged.
So the meeting was bored but informative. I was asked to list out and had direct approach with the chairman to iron out some certain argumentative issue and then continue with the meeting that last for several hours. We stopped for lunch around 12pm for some nice Clay pot rice and then way back to our meeting until 430pm. I feel great when everything is over. I quickly contact my BIL (Brother in law) to arrange for a meet up; and was so grateful that he is available that time to move out and pick me up. I ended up at his office checking my emails and then by 6pm heading to my sister's office to pick her up. I love to meet two of them and I am so happy although it is a tiring trip, I get to meet up my Sis and BIL even for a short period of time. We have a time together searching for food and chit chat. But again I almost missed my flight because we enjoy eating and loafing around at the terminal 3 from budget terminal . In order to reach the terminal 3, we took a bus shutter to terminal 2 and then sky train to terminal 3. All of these transports is FOC which you cant find it in Malaysia. Believe me! So, we were so busy talking, walking and eating, we almost forgotten that we need at least half an hour to reach the budget terminal from terminal 3. My flight is re-timed to 9pm but we are still in terminal 3 at 830pm. It leaves us no choice but to take a cab to drive us there although it is only a few kms away. Damn taxi cost us Sin$7. Blood sucking. Anyway I was so glad that I manage to reach the airport and catch the flight in time. I reach Penang at around 10pm and then drop by the nearest cafe to have a glass of beer with my buddy before I headed back home. It is a tiring day but it is worth as I can meet up my sister and BIL. Damn stomach really mess up with me whole day. Take a look at some picture taken during my trip. Was so impressed with the lighting and fitting for the Singapore F1 GP.
No comments:
Post a Comment