Friday, 13 August 2010

11.08.2010 - Young?

I was in the mist of getting myself back on the track after days away from office. I was forced to complete my MPP2 course last week from Wednesday to Saturday and then going on leave on Monday to fetch mom to Mount Miriam Hospital for her routine check up. Mom was fine but my pocket is going to get another hole as doctor is recommending mom to go for PET CT Scan which will cost me around MYR3800. Luckily her medical card is covering such scanning otherwise I have to tie up myself for this big amount. I was busy a day after mom's checkup day and was getting myself back on track with hundreds of emails sent since last week. Knowing to perform an audit this coming Thursday, I am rushing to clear all the back-log and getting prepare for what is going to be done this coming audit. I was stormed by a walk in client that day, a sudden couple walk in and summoned me to the customer area right in front of my office. By the time I reached the entrance, I was greeted by a couple subsequently requesting to look for me. Yes, they mentioned my name and shaking my hand. I introduced myself but none of them believed it is me! they keep asking for my name and insisted to look for me and I repeatedly admitting it is me! They were surprised and smile at me while looking at each other eyes. I was a bit uncomfortable and questioned them what is the surprised having to know it is ME? Both of them quickly apologized and commented that they did not expect that I am so young. I was still in dilemma and asked if who and what is the purpose of their visit and do I know them first place. I was then told that they are from the company that I am going to audit this Thursday. They are so worried about the audit and felt that it is polite to approach me and say hi to get close relationship with me before going through the real audit. However they did not expect to see a young age fellow to master this kind of audit and manage to speak well on the phone. I was given the warm greeting and told that my voice tells them that I am a mature old man, highly educated, well spoken person and professional veteran. But after seeing me they just cant believe it that I am just a young man but full of experience and professional in all sense. They keep saying they cannot believe it. Sound nice but to me I just started to feel being old. People are expecting me to be old because of my work and what I drive. No wonder I cannot even find a partner because I sound old! Looks like phone is not a best media to know a lady then.

No comments: