Tuesday, 26 February 2013

24.02.2013 - Sad Over the Lost

A stray dog was left on the street right in front of my office. It is white color bitch, friendly, quiet and dirty. Yes extremely dirty. After months looking after the dog, everyone of us in the office started to accept the dog existence in our office compound. She gives no problem but help to look after the office during night time ensuring no intrusion in our company compound. Months after we discovered that the dog conceived. Everyone of us worried over the mess the dog going to give after delivering the puppies. Everyone dare not to touch the dog because of the muddy condition of the dog. It is not being bathed and even the guard did, she will run around the bushes and get herself dirt over the grasses and sands. Time passes and the dog delivered 7 puppies during the CNY. None of us aware of the delivery except the security guards whom have being looking after the dog since she been left over in our compound. The dog, someone named her as "kuti'; was found tired and weak. Everyone of us took a great look over the puppies and some of us buy Kuti lunch, dinner and even feed her with anything we have in office. Kuti grew thinner and thinner despite taking lots of food. Maybe lack of nutrition that causes Kuti become weaker and weaker. Some even says her food intake was insufficient despite breast feeding the 7 puppies. Sometimes some of us even deliver food to Kuti during weekend just to make sure Kuti is filled to feed the puppies. Time passes fast; 2 weeks past and everyone of us continues to enjoy our CNY celebration till the 15th days. The early of 15th Chinese Lunar Calender, I received a call from my colleague passing a bad news to everyone of us that Kuti met an accident while crossing the road. Kuti was found with severe injuries and passed away instantly leaving behind 7 puppies that is still on breast feeding condition with eyes yet opened. My heart broke down for whole day. I drop by my office to check out the condition of the puppies and believed they know nothing except hunger for milk. I keep asking why this would happen? can God spare Kuti few more months to get the puppies well feed and grow up before taking her life?
Now, nothing was left behind except some of us who is so irresponsible demanding to get the puppies thrown somewhere else. I took the initiative along with the guard to feed the puppies and hopefully some of us willing to adopt them. I was trying hard to accept the fact over the mourn the puppies have to go through. I bath 7 of them yesterday and feed them milk hoping they grow up faster and found owners that gives them warmest. I was looking forward to adopt 1 but with all the trouble I need to go through over the license, feeding, bathing, toileting them, etc. really a big worry for me. Further more my wife is now 7 months pregnant and in 2 months time, we are expecting a beautiful baby. I don't think I would be able to look after both of them at the same time (baby and puppy) especially having the first child. I am planning to get SPCA to pick them up and grow them wiser. I am praying to GOD now, spare them life, spare them family and spare them happiness. Give them no more suffers and no more pain. We love you GOD and we expect YOU to love us too.

No comments: