Monday, 30 September 2013

30.09.2013 - Retro: WASABI

I was amazed yesterday when our local TV aired the old comedy cum action pack movie - WASABI, but in English. Kind of weird watching the movie in English while the original is in French. Exactly, mouth movement not consistent to the voice. But why at 12am / midnight? Gosh.... it leaves me no choice but to stop watching half way through as my sleepiness is calling badly. I love this movie during years back and I have a copy of VCD that I kept for more than 10 years. If I am not mistaken, I have watch this movie for more than 5 times. Sometimes I keep asking myself, if I already watch it, why would I want to watch the same again and again, repeatedly? Anyway I am a movie buzz person. I don't mind watching the same movie for more than once if it entertains me. I thought if I can replace the VCD I had with DVD but think again, will DVD face out soon? Or probably BLURAY? I wish there is a cinema that plays old movies; I bet I will be the only one buying the tickets. Anyway for those who have yet to watch this movie, I would recommend you watch them with your kids. Although there are violence (very minimal) acts but the most important of all, the hidden love story between the father and daughter. No matter how tough a man his, to them, their family is always comes first. To those who interested to watch this movie, I recommend you purchase the original French version with English subtitle. At least you can have the real sound effect and original voice from the actress and actors. Of course you have to pay more attention on the subtitles if you wish to understand the movie.

No comments: