To buy a car is not that difficult after all. Find them, pay the down payment and wait for the car to be delivered. Whether it is new or used car, the same applies. But when it comes to monthly installment resale of the car and maintenance, that will be another disasters. These are hidden cost that is so difficult to predict especially for used car; where maintenance and replacement of parts is inevitable. During my old days, I am 1 of the strong supporters of the local made car; Proton. I would buy local made car only since it is at the affordable prices compared to import cars such as Toyota, Honda, etc. and so on. Of course if the price is cheaper, you will have to bear to consequences and possibility to have bad quality or unreliable car. Major problem that usually discovered are malfunction power windows, rattling sound on dashboard after 1 to 2 years, malfunction meters, increase of petrol consumption, worn out piston ring, broken timing belt, leak at air con cooling coil, etc.
But if you are looking for premium cars, you can ops for Mercedes, BMW, VW, etc. in which their price is way much higher than the ordinary car makers. But what makes you think that the continental cars are reliable? I heard Peugeot cars was made / design to cater cold weather but not desert weather; so lubricant oil leakage is very common to happen after several years. How true that is?Another concern most is, the resale value. What really matters in our country is, the European made cars has no resale value. Seriously speaking I don't know why but i think this is a little silly. The only cars that has resale value are local made car and Japanese made cars except Mazda, Mitsubishi and Subaru. But when it comes to Reconditioned cars, which the term used by most of the used car dealers, the price of the second hand cars that has being refurbished / cleaned, cost way more expensive than an ordinary new Japanese car made in Malaysia. A new Toyota Camry in Malaysia cost approx. 150k; but for an MPV Estima Aeras year 2008, the car price was raised up high as 160k without any warranty. I was a little stunt when I got to know this. Why would we risk ourselves to get a car that has is extremely expensive but has no warranty at all? Yet there are still many of us choose to buy it.Stupidly I am 1 of them.
So, I was in dilemma for the past few days. I actually planned to purchase a reconditioned car (Toyota Estima) year 2008. To my surprised, the car was 2008 made; 5 years used car. The condition is perfect internally and externally; looks brand new and some of the items are still plastic wrapped.
So, I was in dilemma for the past few days. I actually planned to purchase a reconditioned car (Toyota Estima) year 2008. To my surprised, the car was 2008 made; 5 years used car. The condition is perfect internally and externally; looks brand new and some of the items are still plastic wrapped.
The total mileage/ODO meter is approx. 22k in which I think definitely ridiculous. I was told that the importer has done necessarily on the ODO, washing, cleaning and repainting to make the car looks presentable. I was asked to test drive the car and it was amazed on its performance. But how long can the reconditioned car last operational; that will be another question. I am a great fan of Toyota Estima since I was a child. The physical aero-dynamic design is so attracting, not counting the features in the car that is so spacious, comfortable seat, full rear aircon and electronic operated doors for both sides. Just the look itself has kills our thought to search for alternative cars. I was in the plan to go for Local made MPV cars but the car has been implanted into my mine. It is so difficult to resist but for the sake of safe side, I would rather choose to drive my old damn car than putting myself into another trouble. Paying for the installment is way killing but if any of the parts or engine failure, I guess I can just forget about my meal and dump all my cash in just to repair the car. Now why would I stupidly put myself into that risk? But now can I forget the sensation and interest to buy the car?


No comments:
Post a Comment