I met an old friend 2 days back and thought of putting it in my blog but was too lazy for the past few days after back home. This elderly man is about 57, fit, tall, average looking, executive level, presentable, happy go lucky type, open minded and of course friendly. I knew this man a year back when I attended an audit in one of the Singaporean company lead by him as a General Manager. The very first time I met him during the audit, he is very professional, firm, decisive and a type of manager that listen and act immediately. He is strict but his PR is outrages. He is really a nice person to mix with and of course someone that you can respect as a senior or brother.
So, we meet up again last 2 days ago and we had a nice talk about our interest; gym and exercising. We had big discussion on his plan to establish a company; and sharing knowledge on security things. Well I am a security auditor; of course he needs me to put up something better for him.
So we end up talking about life and of course sharing about his marriage life and also how he got divorced. I am not going to say much about his divorce things but I want to share something he told me that really make sense abit to me.
This is what he told me. He had a talk with his mom once before his mom passed away. He addressed a question to his mom why she match make and who is that gal the she match make to him. His mom says... "dear son; we as a parent always wish for the best for our children. we know that choosing a wife to our children looks old minded. I know you prefer to have your own choice and of course someone looks pretty and sexy. you rejected my match making and choose your own path and at the end you learn your lesson. To have a good wife that can click with you, you need to find someone with good background, family type and of course having same interests as you. Well...I got someone nice, she love outing/sports, good family background, well educated but of course not higher than you, caring and lovely, polite and dislike shopping/ night activity. Without considering it, you rejected cos you found someone from disco. Well now you have a 'disco' wife that love clubbing, drinking, smoking, dating, shopping, etc. and you say she suit you. You choose to go against us and insist to marry her. Well, we always respect your decision since you are old enough to make your own choice. Now, your wife gives you wonderful life right? disco life? and finally bye bye with you? See son, the lesson to learn is, always listen to older people and evaluate what people says. Whatever you do now, at the end you will get back the same thing you did. and whatever you choose now is whatever you gonna get in future too. Example, choosing a wife; if you would to listen to us and accept the lady i match make for you, probably you are now with a big happy family. you choose to have disco wife now you life is full of disco too. It is past now; learn the lesson and widen you thoughts at all time."
This is a very good advise. Conclusion, if I love to jog, I should look for someone love jogging too. So now my target is at the jogging area/garden/gym. Hahahahaha...... I wish my mom can match make for me.
Wednesday, 15 October 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment