Sunday, 23 November 2008

23.11.2008 - Sister's Wedding trip

Initially the trip is so damn rush. Again I nearly miss my flight to Singapore on Thursday due to my negligence and over confidence of reaching the airport in less than an hour. By the time I reach the airport, I was like... huh.... why do I have to rush to catch a flight most of the time. I think I need to work out my time management otherwise I will miss my flight one day.

Well... although I don't really like wedding function; sister's wedding is unavoidable. Believe it or not; the event is so memorable and touching. I never been thru this before especially seeing my lovely sister being taken away; at the same time feel so happy that she is going to have her wonderful life ahead. I wish my dad is around; I bet he will be very happy to see her during the solemnization. Even though it is very hot under bare sun but its worth being sun burned to be there to witness the lovely couple exchanging their rings; committing themselves to live together under one roof, and enjoying being couple for the rest of their lives.
Lets talk about the wedding event. Traditionally for Chinese, going through the hassle like wedding eve dinner, taking sweet dumpling, knocking on bride's room, groom being punished or force to play certain game in order to reach the bride, demanding for ang pow, and all sort of things; well.... my sister.... she skip all of it. This is the nice wedding event I ever seen before. The wedding was held at the poll side, at one of Singapore luxury hotel, where their solemnization were carried out in the presence of the Justice of Peace (JP) and then with lunch at the open area with nice decoration and preparation. The event started off at the hotel room where tea serving were carried out to the seniors such as mom, in laws, brothers as well as distributing red pack to the younger generation. Hehee.. I am one of them. Then the groom and bride headed down to the pool site preparing for the solemnization next to the lunch and pool area. The solemnization process was surprisingly simple which took only approx. 20 minutes. It started off with simple speech by the JP followed by ring exchange, signing of marriage certificate, reading oath and then announcement of husband and wife. Buffet lunch session start right after that with lots of variety of foods and drinks. Isn't that simple and nice? This is a very nice wedding method but ... it is damn hot under bare sun. Everything is perfect except getting yourself sweat, sticky, and sun burn during wedding occasion. Can you imagine? Sweat all over; shirt is sticking to your body; worst of all your shirt's color is turning to darker than it should be. No fan no air-con nothing except food under hot sun! I can't even eat! The heat, sweat and sticking 'thing' on your body; no matter how good the food is, you won't have the appetite to eat. Well, there is nothing to complain; to me the ceremony is iimportant and really impressed me with the arrangement such as tea serving process that simple and short which involve those important person only in a private room and then solemnization at the pool area which later comes with lunch. Its easy and simple. Nothing to worry about like the traditional way which takes hours and days to complete. By end of day everyone is tired, broke and drunk (walking from table to table on evening dinner drinking like free beer supply). For my sister wedding... with 2 night stay, use of the solemnization table, pool area, lunch buffet for 150 person .... cost her S$10500. I think it is still worth!

Although most of the guest are strangers to me, but my spirits of getting involve is still strong because of my sister and mom. I manage to go through this event even though I hate wedding event. Well... it is a tiring trip but to me, its worth for every minutes to be here witnessing my sister going thru her big day. May GOD bless her and her family. Thank you so much to my god brother Alvin and family who is always around to support us and love us at all time.

No comments: