Sunday, 11 January 2009

10.01.2009 - Capati King is close??????

This is special Saturday; where I feel like going out than sitting at home. We had a light breakfast early in the morning; 2 slices of bread and a glass of Milo with oat. I've planned since yesterday to drive down to Penang island to have our special Capati as our lunch. Everyone is asking what is so special about the capati that can make me drive down from Kulim to Penang. Well, after years being in the house figuring what to have for lunch, it is time to explore for some foods that someone has introduced to us. According to alot of sources; newspaper, TV medias, friends advise, etc. having capati is good compared to roti canai/prata. Initially I did not plan to pursue this plan but after tremendous & repeated recommendation from my fellow colleagues, to me, no harm trying la. So we dressed up and drove happily to the town area by passing the daily usual jam on the bridge patiently which usually I don't. I did not curse the jam this time because keep having capati in my mind. Before I reach, I drop a call to my colleague to alert them I am on the way and would probably reaching in 15 minutes time. But to my disappointment, the damn shop is closed! My colleague was laughing out loud at me because all the trouble I took end up the shop is closed. Speechless! So with hungry stomach and lost, we ended up at the Tajuddin Nasi Kandar having tomato rice with roasted curry chicken. I hate Nasi Kandar so much but with empty and hungry stomach you have no choice. Don't know how long do I need to jog to clear all the oily curry I took!
So, since we are already in Penang, we took a walk around that area and spotted 1 old Chinese house with nice landscape and carved structure. It is old ancient type of house with lot of colors and landscape especially the roof and door frame. Look at the picture I posted. Amazing huh? Then I suggested to mom that we go to the Padang Kota where the history of British army camp were located, and then to the museum and finally the Kek Lok Si (Chinese Temple near the Hill). She rejected all of them and wish to go back. She said too lazy to walk. So boring. I drove around Penang, and then straight back home. See... I have plan but someone turn it off. Potong stim la!

No comments: