Tuesday, 27 January 2009

27.01.2009 - New Year?

It is 2nd day of Chinese New Year; the year of OX. After days and weeks of cleaning and all the hard work, finally it is about to over. After thinking again for all the trouble we been through, I feel stupid after all the trouble we took just to celebrate so call the new year. Seriously, it is just another normal day out of the 365 days in every year. We have normal family dinner during the eve; yes... the two of us only with regular meals like steam chicken, fried vege, soup and roasted pork. Well, it might be special to big family but to us; it is just another regular day. The same goes the count down. Watch TV the whole night till 12 am and then straight to the room resting. To me it is just another day without any joy and happiness. I know it sound negative but that's the real part of my thought. The feel of being lonely, being in the small family, being another similar day, being pushing for something not much different than other days and of course spending so much for only these 2 days. It is more painful when while I am having my dinner. Looking around my big round marble table where dishes are huge but only 2 of us are around looking at each other and says, another day.
Our first day is really busy day. I woke up early in the morning rushing to the airport to fetch my sister and brother in law. Yes the so call king and queen. I am not going to talk further about them which might caused a great war among us. Patient is the only thing I can do.
So it started off with 1 visitor @ 11am and then follow by another and so on. Really full of visitors in the house. I have 2 living room in the house; and both also being filled up with additional chairs from the kitchen. Drinks and foods are served continuously non-stop while crowds grows from outside to inside my house like big big party. I don't even have chance to drink water and take my shower especially during this hot hot hot season. It is like burning in the oven while sitting the house. I plan to switch on the living room air-conditioner but with the door left open at all time, I don't think it is going to work except keeping my electricity running without any effect. Finally, it is over by 7pm. Total of 10 family visited us in a day. It is so tiring and exhausted. Floors are dirty, sticky and dusty while giant joss stick planted outside our house causing the floors even worst. We can no longer take it and broke all the Chinese culture; sweeping and mopping the floor. We laugh while doing it. Well, we don't really believe it ... so why not? So after all the cleaning, we finally end up on the table having the real family dinner. By late evening, all of us lying on the couch / sofa bidding to sleep while watching TV. There is nothing much in the TV channel but it never stop us from getting together talking and being together. So, good or bad, it is already another day of ours. 2nd day was abit surprise. We only have 1 visitor. We sitted in the house baking ourselve in the hot sunny day watching TV and eating. And now we are waiting for steam boat dinner.

No comments: