Wednesday, 4 March 2009

01.03.2009 - Man Made Oreo Cheese Cake

Now I realised, cooking or making pastries is actually a very nice hobby. Most of the time when someone trying to make something, I mean cakes they really happy seeing their masterpiece. Although it looks ugly or not successful, they still feel proud of themselves and keen to try again and again. The funny part is, no matter how ugly it is or how awful the taste is, it taste and look good to the maker. Trust me, it is true.



So, my Sunday is always similar always. Cleaning the house, washing my car and going to market to buy some vegetables. I got myself a very bad sun burn while washing my car although I didn't even feel hot at all. It is just 11am but somehow I got my whole body reddish and now painful when getting contact with anything. Especially carrying my notebook bag. Should have wear something while washing my car. So... after being busy for the day, I took a great lunch with mom and resting at the couch for half an hour. While wondering what can I do for the day, I started to get addicted again with my PSP. And then comes an idea to make oreo cheese cake. I believe none of anyone I know would believe I can cook or make pastries. Hahaha.. So I got myself up to the kitchen drawing out all the utensils and ingredients and start browsing those recipes my sister sent to me during CNY. After going through the recipe, I begin to realised that recipes are usually created for cakes that can accommodate or cater number of eater. But to me, I have 2 person in the house which is my mom and myself. How can I make a cake that big but for 2 of us? So, I decided to use the ingredients but to estimate the amount to be used to make the cake by myself instead of following exactly the amount stipulated in the recipe. Well, since this is my first time making cheese cake, why not give a try, in fact I did not expect it to be perfect since it is my first. So, I started to mix, beat, crush the biscuits, make the base and so on. The mixture seems wonderful and smooth while the base is perfectly done in the small tray. Within an hour, everything is done including cleaning the kitchen and the utensils. Believe me or not, the oreo cheese cake is perfectly done. Unbelievable. Take a look at the picture attached. It taste great and the texture is perfectly blended. I think I am overwhelmed. Well can't really blame me huh; like I said before, the maker always feel proud with what they made although it look ugly and tasteless. Well, my tester which is my MOM says 'unbelievable, your cheese cake is perfect; and it taste great'. Well, Can't really believe what she says, because she is the maker's mother. I believe if it taste bad, I don't think she would want to make me bad right? BUT, seriously, it taste great! Even my SIFU, my sister, she complimented my cheese cake looks great and presentable. So happy!

No comments: