
Well, 10th is my mother's medical check up day. We got up early and reported to 2 hospitals in Penang island for her periodically medical check up. As usual, I have to burn my annual leave for that day then. I think it is worth since I am not only spending my time in the hospital but to somewhere I never plan of going; Pinang Peranakan Mansion. My first stop in the morning was Adventist hospital where sample of blood were drawn and then stra

ight we headed to Mount Miriam hospital for registration and check up. While walking around in the hospital waiting for our tu

rn, I spotted several leaflet that promotes the Penang historical places. I took few of it and start to browse them since it gonna take us hours waiting for our turn. Slip by slip through, I started to love this stuff especially realising 1 of the house was used for The Little Nyonya drama scenes. I quickly chase after the nurses in the hospital that I need to rush for something urgent which makes them putting me priority than others. We quickly get it done, and then to Adventist for another round of check up and got it done by 2pm. Before we start searching, we stop by 1 of the famous Capati Shop in Penang to fill up our stomach.

We then start searching in the Penang town looking for the Peranakan mansion street by streets since I am not that well verse with Penang area. After turn and turns; finally I manage to discover the wonder historical place that painted in apple green color ideally build up behind the OCBC Bank but it takes me 4 times turning around here and there just to search for a parking space; but I ended up parking at the illegal parking area; exactly at the junction. Do I have a choice? I just can't wait to visit that old house!
The mansion is really interesting and wonderful. It cost me MYR10 per entry

with a tour guide that explain the culture and history of every corner of the mansion. The tour started off from the first floor of the mansion which covers the dining hall, living hall, prayers room as well as rooms. Although it looks small from the outside; it surprise me that the size of the house is 3 times bigger than I expected when I took a glimpse from outside. The tour were then to the ground floor where business hall, living hall, dining hall, kitchen, rooms and ancestor's prayers hall are well constructed with lots of handcraft such as wood carving and antiques dinnerwares & furniture. It can't be explained by words. Whoever owned the house during 1894 must be a very very rich man. MYR10 is worth to experience this. 32 years in Penang and only today I get to know how wonderful Penang is. I targeted to visit another mansion within this week. It is time to take a break during weekend and seeing something that I never have chance before.
No comments:
Post a Comment