Easy going Saturday! I am so lazy on Saturday! I wish to sleep as late as I can, just somehow the feels of getting up to accompany mom pushing me hardly from my bed. I took a cold shower that morning to fresh-up myself since I still can feel that I am floating while walking. Breakfast was not prepared that day; which is a hint from my mom that she wanted to go out rather than having it in the house. As a tease, I ask her where she planned to have her breakfast and she replied 'up to you'! So... since there is no plan, why not drive around and search for food in Butterworth, Penang? I quickly change and depart from our house about 11 am. We ended up at
the Raja Uda's Chow Chuen Dim Sum; just nice for brunch. Nothing is cheap nowadays, just few dish of dim sum cost me MYR30.00; 2 person huh!
So, with full stomach, I decided to take her for a walk in Penang island since we already out from house. It looks a bit silly if to drive down from Kedah to Penang for brunch and then back home after that; so I drive down to Penang Island for some side seeing. We start with the Penang Art Museum next to the St George Church; which cost us MYR1 per entry. It look nice from outside with antique cars but after we enter into the museum, we are a bit regret. Seriously there is nothing inside there except photographs with long long stories. Even the foreign tourist are seems disappointed. We took less than 20 minutes to finish everything in the museum.
While waiting for 3pm for next destination in Cheong Fatt Tze mansion which is approx. 100 meters away, we decided to pull over at coffee shop to take a short break since the weather is so damn hot. By 245pm we started a slow walk back to the mansion and waited till 3pm for the tour guide to take us inside the historical house of Cheong Fatt Tze. The house is amazing! 111 years old house and yet it is still in good working order. Although it is already being refurbished, the house structure are still as strong as before which can gives you the feel of being back to 19 centuries. The doors, balcony, frames, roof, courtyard, rooms, etc. are amazingly designed and build with all the ancient Chinese's structure and styles. Doors, windows and walls that are made of woods completes w
ith frames that are carved with flowers, words, dolls, animals, etc. It is really a piece of work that no one else can do it in our century nowadays. I just can't imagine how long does that wood carver took to get it done! Well, although the tour guide was a bit over react, it never distract us from getting into the story of the owner as well as how wonderful / miracle the house is. Painted all in indigo blue, I have being wondering what makes a Chinese that painting their house in blue since blue is not really a Chinese's choice of color. Behind the story which is explained everything by the tour guide, the house is has 220 windows, 38 rooms, 7 staircase and 5 courtyard. Every part of te house are designed and constructed carefully with all Feng Shui elements. The water and winds are the major elements in this house. We are expecting to be guided all over the house since we are paying MYR12 per entry but to our disappointment, the owner of the house disallow us to photographs it and to get into all the area in the house except the courtyard, balcony and ground floor. Although it is a nice place to go to, but think twice with the current owner and management, I will definitely won't go again or recommending someone else to pay a visit to this expensive mansion / house.

No comments:
Post a Comment