I went to a leadership course last week and was told about a phrase from an old lady in a small village. It goes like this.... 'kalau manusia tak ada masalah, itu panggil mayat'... Is that really true? See, I am not trying to be negative, but if that phrase is true, then why are we here in this world? Just to solve problems? See, early in the morning, we brush our teeth to avoid it from getting damage, we eat to avoid hungry, we work to earn for living, we find solution to company's problems, we eat again to avoid gastric, we rest to gain power and energy, we go back to keep the family happy, we sleep to get ourselves charged.... in other words, whatever we do is just a problem solving. On top of that although we take good Care of ourselves yet other things may haunt us!
I was ill since last week due to a bad diet while I was in KL for training. It is my own bad for not looking after myself properly on my food and also skipping my breakfast and late dinner. I suffered a severe gastric pain; where it is really unbearable and uncomfortable in any means. I tried to sit, walk and even lye down on the bed but it never stop me from the pain, until the extend of suffocate. I was in the planned to drive out to the nearest hospital and admit myself in there after failing to adjust myself to the comfort zone, but somehow I managed to take the pain till the next following day. I quickly ran to the clinic to get it examined but was told it is a normal gastric. I demanded the doctor to scrutinize me but was told that it could be due to H.Pylori. Doctor recommended me to go for a full blood test which includes the Pylori test just to make sure that it is confirmed before treatment since most of the pain I gone through is more a less similar to the H.Pylori symptoms. I waited for the result with great pains in my stomach and before it was released, I visited the doctor again since the pain persist on top of the medication she prescribed to me 2 days before. But this time, I really aware that it is not really a gastric but stomach that filled with air. I was given another medicine and this time it works well than before.
The waiting period was actually tensed, That is why it keeps me chasing the doctor for my blood test result and then finally it arrived on Tuesday. I took an early off for the day with full of worries driving to the clinic hoping for a good blood test result, but of course I am expecting something with my stomach since gastric pain is no longer a stranger to me. The doctor was quite calm when reading my result, and I was pretty surprise that I am very fine when she briefed me about the result for the first 2 pages. It was a relaxed moment when doctor says everything was fine which includes my stomach; that is means a negative reading on my H.Pylori. I was recommended by the doctor earlier that if H.Pylori is negative, a scoping in my esophagus is required since I frequently involve in gastric pain most of the time. Seriously I am quite agree with it although I hate going to hospital but after all the pain that I have gone through, well, I think it is time for me to have a check rather than going through the pain from time to time. So, while doctor continuing her chapters, nothing seems to be interesting until she says 'BUT' which drawn my attention.
She says, my Homocyteine Studies shows a very serious reading. WHAT is that? That is what I asked her directly... yes.. I say 'what the hell is that'??? She says again, Homocysteine Study on Serum Homocysteine and C-Reactive Protein shows a very bad reading. Serum Homocysteine is 18 umol/L (normal 5 - 15 umol/L) while C-Reactive Protein is 6.5 mg/L (normal <1> 3 mg/L & serious >5 mg/L). It sounds funny with all the medical terms but to me, I know it is serious because the doctor that briefed me looks very serious about this. I keep on asking her what is this all about and the only thing she can says is, they are well known as marker / indicator of potentially high risk of heart problem. Although I am prepared but it really put me into a shock! Even though I am active in sports and avoiding oily things, and yet this is still indicating I am at high risk of another heart patient? Well, it is not a confirmation but somehow a marker that shows I am in the high risk of getting one, that is why doctor strongly recommended me to be examined by the cardiologist soonest I can. This is really a damned. Although I am quite active in sports, yet this shit is still run in my blood! Well, I guess it is in our family gene I guess..... This is really a shock! I am totally lost!

No comments:
Post a Comment