So we reached Kek Lok Si after awhile and decided to walk from the ground level instead of driving up to the hill. Although I know mom is not strong enough for this, I do encourage her to walk slowly as part of sincerity to pay visit to the God Of Mercy. We took a slow walk towards the temple and finally we reach there in less than half and hour. Mom was tired and we had a rest awhile before going in. It is a nice place to go especially when you are down, at least you can find peace in the temple and ease your mind from all the worries that lingering around for days and years. We walk almost all the area from the Bronze statue to the Pagoda and all the individual temples where Buddhas are rested / placed. The only thing that I don't really like about this place is, everything is money. Entering the Pagoda section is charge at
MYR2.00, taking a lift to the Bronze statue is MYR4.00 per person, etc. The only holy place the need not to pay is Church. I do feel irritated with all the charges but this is unavoidable. We finished our walk hours later and headed down to our car with peace of mind about 3.30pm. We drive around in Penang and ended up at the Siamese Temple for side seeing and prayers.
Sometimes it is true that having a break somewhere is worth still to ease our worries and sadness. I do ask around my friends why do they love to travel and go around during weekend and most of their reply is to relax and ease of mind after all the headache during the weekdays. Now I admit it is true, but depending where you are going.

No comments:
Post a Comment