I was hoping that my sickness is getting worst on Wednesday so that I can excuse myself from presenting the slides. But my fever improve alot after a good rest. So, I woke up early, shower and then dressed up like getting married. Ya of course I have to get smart because I am the presenter that day. My day started with stress and nervous. I can't even taste my breakfast and think of eating at all. But luckily I brought some bread a day before to fill up my stomach.
At 845am, my fellow colleague who will be covering the morning session presentation pick me up and straight heading to our destination. We are expecting a small room with approx. 4 to 6 long table right in front where we can talk without any aids like microphone or so on. but to our surprise, we have about 20 long tables and according to the organizer, they are expecting about 60 participants in this session. We were shocked that time and our nervous and stress is doubled. We walk around mumbling all the way and begin to call our HQ complaining about what happened. My Mgr was surprise and promised to join the workshop but he turn up later after the workshop begins. Both of us are so stressful
because it is our first time on stage. We are infact not prepared but to no choice we have to stood up and pretend we are okay. Times up and my colleague was up on the stage holding the mic with his hand slightly shaking/trembling. I was sitting next to him near to the stage facing the participants waiting for my turn. The feels is like waiting to be slaughtered. My worries and stress is ease a bit initially but was getting worst after seeing no response from the participants and anger look from the organizer. 1st session was over for lunch and everyone seems not responding at all. i was preparing my slides and walking around the stage to get use to it while others are exiting the main entrance for lunch. Before I begin fixing up myself and my slide, I notice the organizer was talking to my Mgr at the corner of the room. Her face was full of disappointment while my Mgr looks strange and worried. I quickly jump off from the stage and rush to the discussion and noted that the organizer is lodging complains about my colleague presentation. It was a big hit to us and i was so scared, stress and even nervous than before. It gives me a big slap and tension because she is expecting something better after lunch, which is my turn. I doesn't want to talk about what she complained but what she expect from us is something like an experience trainer that can make the crowd and participation from all the participants rather than sit and listen. I was hungry before that but after listening to her complains, I can no longer think about eating at all. The lunch buffet was great but I have no appetite at all because of the stress. Fruits is the only thing I took that time. I took a warm walk outside the hotel and then back to the ballroom to make myself feel better. I talk to 1 of the big director who organize the workshop and started to feel even worst because he is expecting something better than what his colleague wants. So, I was ready and stressful but very angry over the complains. This is me. I hate complains and if I receive 1, I will be very angry. My presentation starts and it looks smooth after all. I was okay after 5 minutes on stage and started off with jokes and then facts. I make everyone smile, laugh and angry. I use my anger to control my presentation. It is successful, infact both organizer complimented my presentation during the workshop. It turns a bit out of control during the Q&A session but I manage to overcome it easily. Huh... my stress was gone after that. i was like a free bird after the presentation. I was told to return to HQ for discussion and then rushing to airport to catch my flight at 745pm. My day ends once I reach home. I was totally like a vege, tired and weak. My fever came back badly during that night but again recover after a day rest.
I can see my path to get heart attack one day. With all the stress i can see I will be the next kin to have heart attack and high blood pressure. What a day.

No comments:
Post a Comment