Monday, 31 August 2009

30.08.2009 - Clinic Arun

The 1 and only skin specialist in Kulim area is known as Arun Clinic located exactly at the centre of Kulim town area approx 200 meters away from the main post office. It was a raining day and we are on the way back home and suddenly recalled that we are suppose to drop by at the clinic to purchase some cream for my sister. It is 1:45pm and we shoot straight to the clinic hoping to end our day trip and back home to do some house cleaning before resting. Be honest, I cannot remember the break hours applied in the clinic but I know that, just to purchase for the cream instead of consultation will be as quick as it should be. It was heavy rain that time when we reached the clinic, and I quickly got myself out from the car ran to the clinic with my umbrella hoping for minimal wet on my cloths and of course not to dirt my car's interior. I walk towards the clinic and found out that it is closed for lunch break until 2:30pm. The patient card shows break hours is until 3pm but it was displayed on the window glass as 2:30pm. Well, I don't mind waiting, but I did try my luck by approaching the nurse who is walking around in the clinic. I told her that I just need to purchase the cream doctor prescribed to my mother a month ago but was turned down by the nurse rudely without any single reply except pointing her finger to the lunch hour notice posted on the window glass. I try to convince her but she keeps pointing at 2:30pm and says that she need to seek for the doctor's approval on all medicine dispense to any patient. Well, I doesn't want to make it an issue, so I took an armrest-less chair at the outside of the clinic, sit and waited until 2:30pm; which is 30 minutes waiting while mom and sister is in the car. The rain is so heavy and without a proper shade / shelter, drips of rain spilled over my leg and pant where I rested my self while waiting. Seriously I was patience that time but not after I spoke to the nurse in charge at 2:30pm. I walk to the counter, show her my mom's medical card, informing her that I just need the cream which is previously prescribed by the doctor; and guess what, the silly nurse says, I have to wait until 3:00pm because doctor is not around and able to approve the dispensing of the cream. I was blunt and speechless for a moment while others behind me stood quietly, shaking their head, frustrated and even laugh at me for waiting. A Malay guy stood behind impatiently laugh out loudly and commented how funny this is. I was waiting for 30 minutes but end up they extended my waiting to another 30 minutes just because of some stupid excuse. I was about to burst and throwing nasty words but just because of my mom that is subjected to be visiting the clinic again and again, I have to stay still, quiet and swallow the anger deeply. I walk away with my sour face and begin to mumble until I reach my car. Seriously I wish I can just slap the nurse and destroy the glass door. GRrrhh...

So we return home with anger and frustration. Mom and sister was quiet but I know both of them need the cream desperately than understanding my anger towards the clinic. I begin my weekly house cleaning as usual except mopping the floor. I was tired and sleepy but I know I have to go back to the clinic to get the cream no matter how. This time, I was in the plan to make some havoc if the nurses gives me problem. So, when I reach the clinic, again my frustration started. There are almost 20 patients waiting at the waiting hall and approx. 5 lining up at the counter waiting for registration. I stood there quietly with my mom's medical /patient card on my hand waited for almost 5 minutes but unattended. There is only 1 Indian nurse inside the counter seems to be very busy searching for patients card manually 1 by 1. Can you ever believe it, a well known clinic that has being established long long time ago, is now still operating with patient cards instead of computer system? There are thousands of cards filed in a pigeon hole rack that I think able to fit approx 60 cards at a time. And imagine there are approx. 60 to 70 holes; with all the cards look old, brownish (original color blue), rubber band, stapled with couple of white sheet paper on each cards, etc. Well, I do understand the hassle she is going through, therefore I do not hesitate to stand there waiting for couple more minutes. But to my surprise, she can recognize me and demanded for my card and says I should have leave the card when I came early. I just smile at her and says I just need the cream; but in my heart, I just want to slap her. There are several patients that is standing in front of me lodging complains why I was attended while they are still waiting. I was about to start to voice up but luckily the nurse is standing on my side and says I was there since 1pm. So, I took back my card since they already have the medical prescription from their record card which is later transferred to the dispensary department. I was expecting the card and medicine to be screened and approved by the doctor before calling my mom's name for medicine collection. I was shocked when I see nothing has being done except calling me for payment and dispensing the cream to me immediately. I was so mad that time wondering why can't they dispense it to me when I was there at 2pm? I didn't even see neither one of them nor the cashier presenting my medicine to the doctor; then why in the first place I was told that doctor signature is required for every purchase of medicine? There is nothing much I can do, except take the cream, pay them and walk away. If I no longer required to be there again, I guess everyone around the clinic would have been watching me shouting and cursing the doctor and the nurse. Damn frustrated. It cost us MYR100 for 4 creams with all the hassle. Can you imagine how rich that Arun is? and how horrible their nurses and service is? If he is just an ordinary doctor, I guess he would have shut down his business long long time ago because of his lousy nurse, stupid system, expensive and lousy customer service.

No comments: