I hate travelling! I was awake the whole night worrying of traveling for this trip. It has been a while for me to have this kind of bad habits. Whenever I want to travel, I will not have good sleep a night before. Especially for this one. I don't know why but I can feel the strange of this trip. I hate this place so much because of language barrier.
Well, my day starts early in the morning, feeling sleepy for being awake for the whole night. I reached airport in time to catch for my flight at 8am and managed to have my breakfast in the airport (McD). It is not a good breakfast for me because i started to feel strange on my body because I woke up too early, lack of sleep and worries. Anything that goes in my mouth is tasteless and yucks. It leaves me no choice as I don't want to have gastric during my trip. I touched down in KLIA approx. 9am and I quickly get myself to the next gate to catch another flight to Hanoi. And then again my flight is delayed 1 hour! This is me! Every time I travel with flights, there is always delay flight. So there is nothing much I can do except sitting at the conner checking my email and playing games until 12pm. When I boarded on the flight, I felt asleep for almost 45 minutes. Really fresh me up. I touched down in Hanoi at about 3.30pm which means 2.20pm at their local time. The weather was cloudy and hazy. As I walked towards the arrival gate, there are so many taxi promoters around offering for taxi service. I was looking around at the airport hoping for taxi limousine, I mean a registered taxi company until I met someone stood in front of me holding a piece of board read as 'Airport Taxi / Limousine'. He walk towards me while I was looking around for other options. He offered me their service in English (surprise me) and I asked if they are the airport taxis. He replied yes and led me to the main exit door while asking where I am heading to. I was a bit confused as why should they place a promoter for taxi service? So, I asked him how much is the charges to get me to the hotel and he replied USD20. So before I can ask further, a car approached in plain white color without any indication that it is a taxi or somehow a limousine. I was asked to enter the car; which I did entered, with 2 stranger driver on the front seats. I was wondering why should there be 2 drivers in a cab? I lay quiet and wondering if I made a right choice or I have being tricked? Of course I am worry that time but I keep telling myself be brave and stern. They drive me almost an hour, stop by for filling up petrol and then straight to the town area and hotel. I was so happy when I see the hotel right in front of me.
Once I entered into the Hotel, I was like... huh... what kind of hotel is this? budget hotel? Looks like budget hotel but it was awarded with 3 stars. Almost all of the tenant are Caucasian. I was given a suite located at the 7th floor. I was happy when I entered to my room. Everything is in order and I feel comfortable with the facility except my own stomach that keep calling for food. I was planning to have a walk after bath but was too worry about language. I decided to stay in the room and call for room service. I ordered a bowl of chicken rice noodle (Vietnam style) and 6 pieces of 'popia'; and guess what it cost me USD10. And while I was having my meal, I received a call from my client that they will pick me up in half an hour time for dinner. What a waste! I would have save my USD10!

No comments:
Post a Comment