Thursday, 10 December 2009

09.12.2009 - Challenge me? Dare you!

At last, I finished my audit today. After weeks i am away from audit, I begin to have strange feeling when I was assigned to handle audit by myself. I am an active auditor since years back but recently I was assigned more on the desk reviewing audit reports and handling technical question on audits than performing a physical audit myself. I have being sick for almost 2 weeks and today I am good to go for the audit. Although the audit is easy for me since I have being taking charge of this technical reviewing program in Asia Pacific, yet I still feel weird when I have to go on field myself after weeks away from it. Usually I took hours to digest the requirement, specification, scoring matrix and past report to make myself familiar what I should do and check during the audit. Instead of that, I only take 15 minutes to run through the checklist and then online playing Facebook games. i was worry about the audit but my senses tells me that I am okay with this audit and I can handle it easily. I was stressed since yesterday evening and my sleep was not that well. I woke up in the morning thought of taking a quick look at the checklist again but somehow I feel reluctant to do so. I took off late today and reach the site as usual around 0930 am. Audit was smooth but of course there is always some hiccup during the session. Just that I am mad when I notice some of them is trying to take advantage on me by making lies on something that they didn't do but claimed they did it. Well I am not that stupid! As long you show me nothing I assume nothing is done or complied! I am someone that talk about facts and evidence. You can talk for hours but in absense of supportive evidence I assume what you have said is invalid. The site Failed the certification audit! Before I manage to have the closing conference with the staff, I was told to get ready as they are going to fight and challenge on my findings. Well, to me I love people challenging me in this because I love taking challenges and learn things that I might be wrong on. But unfortunately it seems like they are in the loosing part if they wish to challenge me. Despite being worry or stressed, I gave him my words that they are encourage to challenge me and I am not expecting them to sit and listen to what I am about to present to them. After 15 minutes, I called everyone in the meeting room and to my surprise they drag their director in and some personnel that I have being arguing with for the past 2 years. I was impressed with their initiative and so happy to see all of them to be in the meeting room preparing themselves to attack a young man (well although I am old but I am still the youngest in that room) like me. I was laughing at myself that I am a damn important person now! There are 5 of them waiting to shoot me with their M16. I was steady that time. I didn't even scared at all and begin my presentation with greeting and purpose of audit. When I started off with the findings, everyone seem to quiet and begin to throw me question. Before they manage to ask the 2nd question, I give them all the evidence I have in hand and explained to them the consequences and issues that may arise based on the findings I found. None of them talks except looking at each other and smile to me. All of the non-conformance was stressed in the closing meeting with facts and reasons why it is rejected and why their failed to obtain the certification. but strangely none of them able to challenge me except saying thanks and being scolded by their director in front of me. wuahahahaha... What a good laugh after all. I guess I am now mastering this field but begin to feel bored with it. What else I can do other than this. No wonder my management is now throwing everything about this program to me. Fed up sometimes.

No comments: