Sunday, 3 January 2010

03.01.2010 - Salad Making

I was dreaming of making my own Caesar salad after I've tried the one home-made by my BIL and sister in Singapore. Mom and I was so excited with the plan and went off to our regular shopping mall to grab some stuffs and sauce for our tomorrow Lunch. Unfortunately, we were disappointed that we cannot find Caesar salad sauce and crouton. Can you ever believe it? TESCO Extra & Carrefour is not selling this basic ingredient? I was so pissed off and keep on cursing these 2 silly giant supermarket. Well, I manage to grab other sauce since it leaves me no choice. I won't be so silly to drive down far away and return with empty handed. We manage to grab some vegetables, salad sauce, olive oil, bread (I'll make my own crouton), Italian Dressing, etc. I manage to grab some ingredients for my brownies that I plan to make it in 1 to 2 days time. Well, it is Sunday today; while I was cleaning the house, mom is busy chopping some of the vegetables. Left behind were tomatoes, Japanese cucumber, bread and eggs. Knowing that it is impossible to get a ready made Crouton, I surfed the net and hand-on myself just to satisfy myself to complete the salad course. Was so glad that it works and taste great. Along the dish I am going to mix for the day, I heated up the Garlic Bread I bought a night before. Wonderful healthy lunch and dinner we have for the day.
Bread cut into cubes
Marinate with ....
In oven for 15 mins
Crouton
Vege ready
White button mushroom
Tomato & Cucumber
Boiled Egg
Garlic Bread
Ready
Dressed
Mixed

No comments: