Thursday, 18 November 2010

12.11.2010 - Pissed Off

It was my sleepless night. I did several times of rehearsal for my presentation before I jump on bed but with the stress and nervous, I am totally awake. I woke up on that day at 645am preparing myself for the judgement day. Yeah I called it judgement day because the day where lots of assholes going to be there looking at how we present ourselves and get condemned by these people. I was made aware of the consequences and challenges for this round training especially 1 person who is an Indian. What I heard is, he is a type of person who love to give negative comment, condemning people and enjoy using harsh words to hurt people. Despite knowing many of us struggle badly to get our guts here yet he is still doing the harsh things to us. I was scheduled the 3rd person. 1st and 2nd presenter was badly being hit by the these managers. It is exactly like American Idol just that there are 6 judges and most of them are rude and harsh. The first 2 participants were questioned none stop after each presentation which makes the remaining awaiting for their turn more nervous and worried. I was the 3rd candidate and I finished my talk about 20 minutes with approx. 6 PowerPoint slides. My presentation ended with applause by all the audience and being positively commented by the judges until it reach that little bastard (Indian fellow). I was expecting something from him probably something bad. He started off with positive comment followed by giving me 8 point out of 10 point since I have powerful voice and kind of relax when standing in front of the stage and well verse with my own slides. And for a sudden he changes and begin talking something negative which initially I took it as a challenge and improvement. I was a bit defensive and begun to fight back on what he claimed to be right but to me it is not exactly correct. He repeatedly commented that particular topic and demanded me to answer him something I don't have in hand. I tried to divert the topic but again and again he frustratedly insist I answer him. I lay low that time and patiently listen to him and wait for him to finish he bullshitting. For this kind of asshole, there is no point arguing except being deaf for a while and let it goes. MD was abit bitchy and followed what he says; I mean repeating what he commented. Well it is not bad after all; because my own boss who is sitting right beside him say I did very very well. The organizer of the course later then reminds the judges that the purpose of the presentation is to evaluate our performance in terms of physical and presentation skills. It has nothing to do with how the project goes. Somehow these judges is out of the topic and entered to another topic especially emphasizing on revenue and business opportunity. Well all of us are prepared for this and all of our project presented are real project and not something bullshitting. I would consider myself lucky though because right after me, there are many more being commented even worst than me. Some even with vulgar / harsh word that hurts the participant and us; the audience. I just wish that I can ram my car on that Indian bastard. He did even think of how people feels. I thought he only attack different species but he attacks more to the same species. One of them is my close friend. He was badly hit on his presentation and was asked to cut all the bullshit. He was badly being commented and making all of us begin to retaliate to that bastard. All of us seems to fight back during the end session but it never change him at all because he is a regional guy and none of us including the MD is dare enough to hit him hardly. Well it is now over. Just that we are not satisfy with this little bastard and hoping so much not to see him again and future.

No comments: