Wednesday, 29 December 2010

26.12.2010 - Keep it up Butterworth

I am surprised that there is a procession going on in Bagan Luar. Initially I was wondering what is going on and is there any Taoism activities going on that place. I was eager to look at it because I heard lion dance drumming and some other personnel who was there lingering around the food court area. I was having my dinner that time and feeling not pretty good with my stomach. After my meal, I stood at the road side hoping something to turns up. Everyone seems waiting at the road side and yet nothing appear after all. I am about to give up after waiting for 15 minutes; and finally it appears. There are about 20 decorated cars with lights, 4 to 5 groups of dragon dance, 4 to 5 groups of lion dance and about 6 to 7 team of Chinggay performing their best during the procession. The last event I've seen was 3 to 4 years back when we are in Penang having our dinner during the Christmas. That event is grand compared to this one. But although it is small I still feel proud to be there looking at the initiatives taken by those people to make Penang a wonderful and attractive place. I love Penang as much as others because this is the only state that makes me feel a real Malaysian.
Dragon Dance
Decorated cars
Music band
Decorated car - Megamall
Chinggay!

No comments: