Tuesday, 11 January 2011

09.01.2011 - Lion Dance Competition

Wow, this is my first time seeing lion dance competition. I really salute to Sunway Carnival and to those who initiative toorganize this event as it attract more people and prevail the true Asian. I was on my date that day hoping so much to grab some CNY feel with the crowd and decoration in the mall. It was an extra bonanza for me to have the lion dance competition as I never expect to have that privilege to see the state competition. I love seeing lion dance especially the drumming that beat my heart deeply. I stood there for a moment and was so amazing with those teams that I seen. They are so determined, strong and energetic. It was a grand event but I can see number of audience is not that impressive at all as most people are busy shopping for the forth coming CNY. Me? I was there watching movie. Man.. Seriously I would rather stand there seeing the competition, unfortunately I have bought the 3D ticket which cost me damn MYR16 per head. Back on Lion dance....
When I was a kid, there are these lion dance groups that travel with small truck running around during CNY trying their lucks to grabs few bucks by performing the lion dance house to house. Some Chinese believes, lion dance helps to chase away the bad things and welcoming good fortune and wealth. Well, to me it is superstitious. Anyway I was just a kid that time; I enjoyed seeing the lion costume with the lion head controlled by 2 trained person performing to their best following the rhythm of the drums. Now, this is getting lesser and lesser. We are now in a new millennium where IT is the main attraction to human leaving behind cultures, believes and traditions. If you throw a notebook on the street with facebook interface on the web agent and lion dance at the other end, I bet everyone will probably standing staring or waiting for their turn to browse, surf and cultivating with facebook. I just wish that everything turns back to old days where everyone enjoy and feels the real things we have rather than surfing and ignoring where we from.

No comments: