Tuesday, 22 February 2011

17.02.2011 - Chap Goh Meh

What is Chap Goh Meh all about? Seriously I don't know about the history or legend of Chap Goh Meh. What I learn from older generation is, Chap Goh Meh is the last day of Chinese new year celebration and also so call Chinese Valentine day. This is when teenagers, single adults and those yet to get married make wishes by throwing oranges to the sea. Sound ridiculous but this is what older generation believes. Some says it works but to me, it is more to disposing off old oranges that left over since CNY. Funny aren't they. For me it is another busy day ahead in office and also busy taking off new year's decorations. I did not celebrate anything except offering regular prayers to God that is in my house. There goes the 15 days of CNY. It passes so fast like hours instead of days. I don't really like CNY as we need to work like monkey to clean the house, buying things and serving people heavily during the 1st and 2nd day. I wish my house is a restaurant at least it is chargeable.

No comments: