
We were driving around and spotted this temple for quite sometimes. Since we are heading home nothing much to do, we decided to drop by offer some prayers and then headed back home resting. The temple looks simple, small and colorful from far away; and of course with the decoration and design, it is Siamese temple. Luckily I brought my camera phone along otherwise wont be able to share pictures in this blog. When i step my foot in, the temple looks great and contain the elements of Siamese but when you go in further, everything seem changed. Siamese are Buddhist and they only worship to Buddha. For this temple, it is Siamese stru

cture but managed by Chinese so, overall, it is something mixed of Chinese Taoist and Siamese Buddhist. It is not offering only to the belated Liang Phor Thout but also to several Taoist Lords within the temple. Quite normal aren't they? Take a look at the screen shot. The visited temple is called The Ku Cheng Tse Temple Butterworth. According to the template they distributed for free, it says the temple were formed in 1963 a guidance from 1 of the famous Siamese Buddhist Monk named Liang Phor Thout

. What I like most from this temple is, they place an instruction board that guides you through on how to place your jossticks 1 by 1 in accordance to the sequence. With that instruction there will be no way of getting yourself confused / mixed up. This 1 of the kind instruction I ever seen so far. Pretty cool aren't they. When I walked around, I notice the temple also offers free rice in small plastic pack and holy water. For those believes that the rice and holy water that being already offered to the God during the prayers that can give them blessing, they can get it free, every trip they visit the temple.
No comments:
Post a Comment